Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wheel and Walk

Supporting SAM
I have been attending activities at an organization called Stroke Recovery Association of Manitoba. It has come to mean a lot to me over the past several months. The support of other stroke survivors has helped me keep looking forward and in the process I have made many wonderful new friends and I have found a few ways to feel useful at a time when I have given up so many of my normal activities and volunteer commitments. Today was a major fundraiser the "Annual Wheel and Walk" It was held at te Assiniboine Park. There were , bagels to begin with and Pizza for lunch. Rainbow Auction and of course the walking part! Participants asked to have donations made to SAM in support of our walking, or rolling, but mainly this was a fun family style event.

Assiniboine Park Map


No comments:

Post a Comment